Even here in Colorado homes need to be protected from fungal decay–especially here in Loveland where winter snow and spring melt are heavy. This is why LP Smartside, treated with an exclusive SmartGuard process is a great choice for Loveland home. LP products are treated to the core–not with just a superficial coating. It is their proprietary blend of treatments that adds up to powerful fungal protection like no other siding in its class. Read below to find out what goes into making LP SmartSide such a fungal resistant brand.
LP SmartSide Protective Treatments
To make their siding tough and nearly impervious to things like fungus, rot, termites, pests and more LP SmartSide uses four separate treatments. Each of these serves an individual purpose and they all work together to keep your Loveland home watertight and fungus-free.
- WAXES: This specially formulated water-resistant coat covers each strand of fiber on LP siding for added durability in rainy, humid environments.
- RESIN-SATURATED OVERLAY: This coat is the final layer of protection that sits on top of the others that gives incredible protection against the elements. It also serves as a durable base layer for the best paint adhesion and beauty.
- ZINC BORATE: This quality additive is used in engineered wood products to treat them so they effectively resist termites and fungal decay for decades. It is non-toxic and safe for children and pets since it is a naturally occurring substance. This is likely the most important ingredient for long-lasting LP SmartSide Trim and Siding.
- ADVANCED BINDERS LP SmartSide Trim and Siding products are incredibly strong and able to resist pest, fungal decay and impact damage because of the industrial-grade binders and resins that are put into them. Rain, wind, hail and even the occasional flying debris are no match for LP Smartside treated with these advanced binders.
- These are the quality ingredients that make LP SmartSide a great choice for homes here in Loveland and anywhere along the Front Range. For more info or to schedule a free, onsite estimate for your Colorado home, contact Scottish Home Improvements today!