James Hardie is one of the best siding options on the market. As such, it needs very little maintenance. However, the weather in Aurora, Colorado, can be pretty intense, requiring homeowners here to keep up their James Hardie from time to time. Below are some of our suggestions for normal James Hardie maintenance.
Fiber cement care suggestions
Fiber cement is an incredibly durable type of siding. It is perfect for any home because of its lovely style and color options but also because it could easily last two decades or more! However, there are a few tasks Aurora homeowners can do to keep it looking its best.
- Rinse the siding and trim with your garden hose every six to 12 months to remove dirt that might build up on the surface. You will notice a huge difference in appearance when you do this–especially in Aurora, where homes collect dust.
- Scrub stubborn dirt spots gently with a non-metallic brush and mild detergent after washing it. Be sure to move left to right and top to bottom.
- Inspect your gutters to make sure they are clear and functional and that there are no leaks that are damaging your fiber cement siding.
- Clear plants and bushes near the foundation to keep them from rubbing against the siding and doing damage.
- Cautiously apply de-icing salts, if any at all, when cleaning your roof of snow in the winter–this could corrode siding.
- Keep water sprinklers from spraying the siding on a regular basis.
Contact Your Aurora James Hardie Specialist
Most of these suggestions are just things you would normally do to keep your home maintained but since James Hardie is a premium investment, it is all the more important you take care. If you would like more information on installing fiber cement siding on your Aurora home, contact us today. We are always happy to schedule a free consultation to discuss our James Hardie Siding products with you!